The State of Healthcare
if the Democrats Sweep in November
Read the White Paper
Our latest white paper outlines how a hypothetical Democratic sweep in November could impact healthcare (attached). This brief is among the first and most comprehensive analyses to address the topic. Democratic topics and priorities Douglas Hervey covers include:
- ACA Individual Market-Strengthen individual market and provide cost-sharing subsidies
- Medicaid Expansion-Incentivize Medicaid expansion through enhanced federal funding
- 1332 Waivers-Roll back waivers and limit association and short-term health plans
- Surprise Billing-Protect patients from surprise medical bills for out-of-network treatment
- Drug Price Reform-Engage in drug price reform, particularly around Part D
- Value-Based Care-Accelerate payment and delivery reforms more broadly and equitably
In the coming weeks, Cicero Group will be releasing a separate article on how a President Trump reelection could impact healthcare. Cicero Group does not endorse platforms or policies; nor does it endorse the healthcare positions covered in these briefs. Rather, Cicero Group highlights perspectives across the political spectrum to further educate and engage readers in key areas that could impact their families, businesses, and communities.
Douglas Hervey is a principal at Cicero Group with an emphasis in healthcare and life science services. Douglas most recently worked as a senior director for Leavitt Partners. As a senior director, Douglas enabled healthcare entities to more effectively aggregate data, automate research processes, and make sound growth-oriented strategic and investment decisions. He has worked on over 200 healthcare private equity investment deals, within 80 unique healthcare sub-segments, for over 40 investment funds.
Douglas earned his bachelor’s degree in international relations at Brigham Young University, after which he earned his juris doctorate from the University of Pittsburgh. Douglas also holds an MBA from Brigham Young University, where he was a Hawes Scholar.
Start a Conversation
Thank you for your interest in Cicero Group. Please select from the options below to get in touch with us.