CCPA Consent Notice
By agreeing to participate in this research, you agree to allow Cicero® to use your personal information as described in this notice. You may withdraw your consent at any time, and without consequence.
This Notice explains how we collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information. It also describes how to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, the Colorado Privacy Act, the Connecticut Act Concerning Personal Data Privacy and Online Monitoring, the Utah Consumer Privacy Act, and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act. We call those laws collectively the “U.S. Privacy Laws.”
Your Personal Information Rights
You may ask to access, correct, or delete your information by contacting Cicero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority. Since Cicero is located within the United States, complaints should be filed with appropriate supervisory authorities.
Personal Information Collected
When you enroll in the research study and/or throughout the research, we may obtain any or all of the following personal information about you:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
- Country of Employment
- Video/Audio Recordings
This information is necessary to ensure that you meet our research requirements.
How We Use your Personal Information
We use the personal information you provide to confirm your eligibility to participate in the research study. We are committed to protecting the confidentiality, integrity, security, and privacy of the personal information you give us. Under the CCPA and other U.S. Privacy Laws, we process (i.e., use, store, analyze, etc.) your personal information with your consent for research purposes. Cicero does not sell personal information to third parties.
We may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent: We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Performance of a Contract: We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legal Obligations: We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests: We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, clients to which we are providing Services, or agents (“third parties”) who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. We have contracts in place with our third parties, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct. The categories of third parties we may share personal information with are as follows:
- Business Communication and Collaboration Tools
- Data Analytics Providers
- Hosting Services Providers
- Data Storage Services Providers
- Payment Processors
- Sales and Marketing Tools
- Product Engineering and Design Tools
- Finance and Accounting Tools
- Social Networks
- Government Entities
We also may need to share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners, or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
International Data Transfers
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information in the United States and other countries.
If you are a resident in another state within the United States of America, then these states may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in California. However, we will take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
Retention of Personal Information
After the research is completed, or after you have decided to stop participating, we may retain your information for up to 30 days for the following reasons: to fulfill the objectives of the research, and to ensure the integrity of the research.
Safeguards Protecting Your Personal Information
The security and privacy of your personal information is an important concern for us. Cicero takes all appropriate steps, including technical, administrative and physical security measures, to protect personal information against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, and deletion.
Questions or Concerns About Your Personal Information
If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal information is being used, or you wish to stop participating in the research, you can contact Lawrence Cowan at email@example.com. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be excluded from research opportunities at Cicero.